You don't need to search much farther if you're seeking for things to do in Bloomington, Illinois. Here are seven fantastic suggestions to get you moving in the right direction. These activities will keep you busy throughout the whole day, regardless of whether you are a resident or simply passing through the area. Put on some shoes you can walk about in the day, and get ready to discover all that Bloomington has to offer!
1. Take a walk through Bloomington's historic downtown. There's so much to see, from the beautiful architecture to the unique shops and restaurants. Don't forget to stop by the Bloomington Center for the Performing Arts for a show or two!
2. Spend the day enjoying a picnic in Miller Park. Miller Park is the ideal location for an outdoor day because of its vast greenery, playgrounds, and picturesque vistas.
Stop by the Bloomington farmer's market. Locally produced fruit, artisanal wares, and live music all come together at this bustling market. It's a great spot to pick up some last-minute gifts or stock up on some fresh produce.
Learn about the history of Bloomington at (blog post) the McLean County Museum of History. This museum traces the history of the city from its earliest days to the current day. Check out the displays about Bloomington's participation in the Civil War and Abraham Lincoln's tenure in the city.
5. Visit the Xtreme Fun Center to get your heart racing. Go-karts, laser tag, a rock climbing wall, and other activities are available at this indoor entertainment park. It's the ideal setting for unleashing your inner kid!
6. Sample some of Bloomington's best food and drink at one of the many local restaurants or breweries. From BBQ to fine dining, Bloomington has something to satisfy every craving. And with several local breweries, you're sure to find the perfect pint to wash it all down.
7. Watch the Normal Cornbelters play at Bloomington-Corn Normal's Crib. This stadium hosts yearly athletic events and concerts.
So why are you still waiting? Start exploring Bloomington right away!